Virtualisation, which enables organisations to pool hardware resources, is playing a major role in making IT more flexible and cost effective. Making it possible to run multiple operating systems and applications on the same server and at the same time, virtualisation can increase IT agility, flexibility, and scalability. Ultimately, virtualisation helps to speed and simplify application and resource provisioning, enables centralised management, and allows you to build a true software-defined datacentre (SDDC). Although it delivers significant benefits, virtualisation also creates challenges when it comes to infrastructure, licensing, skills, and security. Challenges that virtualisation expert, MTI, can help you to overcome.
The journey to the software-defined datacentre
Organisations – large and small – are reaping the benefits of virtualisation. While many attribute the adoption of virtualisation to server consolidation, the benefits are much further reaching than this. As well as helping to reduce hardware costs, virtualisation can help your business to:
- Recover quickly from systems failure and maintain business continuity
- Provide a single view of all computing resources
- Restore systems quickly following a failure
- Test and develop applications in a secure environment without affecting main IT systems
- Simplify and accelerate the deployment of business applications
Without careful analysis and planning, virtualisation can also cause a range of challenges relating to performance, licensing, backup, and security. MTI, an expert in providing virtualisation solutions for datacentre, desktops, and servers can help your organisation to ensure a smooth journey to the software-defined datacentre.
Proven virtualisation expertise
Wherever you are on the path to the virtualised datacentre, MTI can help by ensuring that your virtualisation strategy will deliver maximum value, while minimising any potential risks. Our virtualisation team works with clients across multiple industries, providing support for:
- Application and data migration
- Business and technical assessments
- Capacity planning and thin provisioning
- Implementation and configuration
- Operational procedures optimisation
- Solution design and recommendation
- Test plan and optimisation
Our Security practice also helps to ensure that, as you take advantage of the operational and economic benefits of virtualisation, your security strategy evolves to protect all of your critical data.
Regardless of your virtualisation challenge, MTI is here to help. Contact us today to find out more.